Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thing Eleven: Finding More Blogs


For this thing I learned how to search for more blogs, YaY! Now for me the easiest way to do this was through Google. And it was so simple all you have to do when going to google homepage is on the left side where it says search pick blogs. I would suggest being a little specific with your search however, when looking for an elementary blog I would search for a particular grade to make it easier. I decided to search for some blogs that are directed to some new grades. I’ve been following early elementary blogs but so far have left out upper grades; so it was time to get searching! In my search I found  Teaching Little Apples: A First Grade Teaching Blog ( I know, I know… that’s STILL early elementary, guess that’s where my heart is!) She also has just started teaching third however so I guess I’m in the clear because she also has started posting ideas for third grade. I like her site because she is a bilingual teacher so she has a lot of good resources and ideas for teachers of a diverse classroom. I also found Teaching Blog Addict which is an amazing blog and teacher community. Here you pick a grade level or other category and it lists lots of great blogs to follow pertain to that area selected. They even have blogs made by substitute teachers, for gifted and talented classrooms, and English language learners!

No comments:

Post a Comment