Friday, July 27, 2012

Thing Sixteen: Let's Get Organized


For this thing I was to look at start pages and explore the ways in which they can help keep me organized online. I picked the iGoogle page because I figured it would be the easiest and most helpful start page to use. I really liked the page because it does indeed put everything I need right there on my homepage. For example on my page I have a weekly weather report, a calendar, youtube and facebook feeds, news updates and links, movie reviews, and even a feature that displays an artist’s work each day. The best thing about creating the page was that it also took less than a minute to complete! I really like having the news updates right there in front of me from various sources. As far as using the calendar, I would not use it. Call me old fashion but I prefer to have a planner in front of me. Another downside to this page is that on November 1, 2013 iGoogle will no longer be available due to the fact that other devices such as apps are replacing the need for it. This just serves as a reminder that it’s important to keep up to date on the latest changes in technology. So to end on a positive note, I would like to add a link that gives some helpful tips to teachers on how to incorporate technology into class projects. Here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment