Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thing Three: How to Beg, Borrow, and Steal


As a teacher-in-training I am taught that it is important to work together with other teachers to borrow and share ideas. I can’t think of to many better ways to do that then by blogging here lately. Blogging is such an amazing tool that allows you to connect with teachers from all over and take a step inside their classrooms. Through the use of a blog you can look up classroom decorating ideas, party ideas, lesson ideas, discipline ideas, incentives, classroom management plans, organization tips, and so so so much more! On many of the teaching blogs I viewed I even noticed where they post a link to their own teachers pay teachers store so that other teachers can purchase their materials they have made for teaching. Talk about a smart way to earn a bonus! Some of my favorite teacher blogs here lately are The First Grade Parade (Her lesson ideas are so creative; any student is sure to love them!), and First Grade Factory (Her back to school ideas are genius and her organization skills are mind blowing!) It’s absolutely mind blowing how much you can use a teaching blog for and best of all you can even use it as a tool to help keep parents informed.
When I am a teacher I would like to create a blog dedicated to reflecting on what has worked for me as a teacher. I want to list what lessons I’ve enjoyed teaching and explain how other teachers can use them as well. I also want to post pictures and tips for classroom organization and management. I think by sharing these ideas it will make me more enthusiastic about teaching, and allow me to strive to constantly seek improvements in myself and my teaching style.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, the title of this is great! Borrowing ideas from other teachers is one of the major ways we can improve our own strategies. This is especially great for those of us who are teachers-in-training or new teachers because we can view the experiences of more experienced teachers and what worked out for them.

    ReplyDelete